Monday, January 04, 2010

Winning Words 1/4/10
“All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that.” (Baltasar Gracian) When we count our valuables, I wonder how many of us remember to include time. I keep a diary of sorts … appointments, meetings, celebrations, events. As I look through the 2009 book, I’m thankful for the gift of time and the people who gave it meaning. ;-) Jack

FROM SG IN TAMPA: I have a to do list everyday, and besides that I take pictures which is great fun since the invention of the digital camera. FROM JACK: How does your "to do list" compare with you "done list?" MORE FROM SG: Today I have accomplished 4 1/2 of my list of 15 to do's today. There is always tomorrow, God willing. that is.

FROM RI IN BOSTON: Yes we do have time, lots of it, even when we have nothing else, and still we waste so much of it. That's speaking for myself...pleading guilty. I like your organized approach, and the contribution you make. I've got to do better. FROM JACK: We each row our own boat.

FROM JK IN MICHIGAN: Thank You for the Winning Words in 2009 and am looking forward to 2010 with you as well. FROM JACK: I continue to be optimistic about the days ahead.

FROM PRBG IN MICHIGAN: And, I am thankful for the gifts of your time and friendship. FROM JACK: And I'm thankful for the Hercules "time."

FROM MOLINER CF: Time is the only place there is a level playing field. FROM JACK: Sometimes there are divots.

FROM DP IN MINNESOTA: That's timeless! Without time we have nothing!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: I write everything down on my Outhouse Calendar...I get one each year for Christmas...sometimes several as quite a few know I collect outhouse photos. As for time, does it really belong to us? We don't know our "time" or when our "Time will be up". But, if we were given an envelope with our closing time in it...would we open it? I will ponder that one for awhile. I am deeply grateful for all of my time...past, present and future. FROM JACK: I'd leave it closed.

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: Your Winning Words are preparing me right now to live my time with thanksgiving and I hope as I practice doing that, even if, when I might get really old and completely thin-haired, maybe even bald, probably toothless, lose most of my health, maybe even a good part of my mind, and hardly with any possessions, even my clothes being shared among all the residents in the nursing home, the practice will stand me in good stead to be optimistically thankful then too.

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: Amen to that! As we age (!) time is ever more precious, and we are ever more thankful for it! Even tho it tends to get away from us. I can fritter a day away with no trouble, if given the chance! :-) FROM JACK: I haven't heard the word FRITTER for a long time, even though I seem to practice it every day.

FROM AM IN MICHIGAN: Psalm 90.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Winning Words are preparing me right now to live my time with thanksgiving and I hope as I practice doing that, even if, when I might get really old and completely thin-haired, maybe even bald, probably toothless, lose most of my health, maybe even a good part of my mind, and hardly with any possessions, even my clothes being shared among all the residents in the nursing home, the practice will stand me in good stead to be optimistically thankful then too. Always thankful for your Winning Words and the Optimists.

S.H in MI