Friday, January 15, 2010

Winning Words 1/15/10
“When there’s snow on the ground I like to pretend that I’m walking on clouds.” (I, H & K) You people in the cloudless Sun Belt don’t know what you’re missing…making snow angels…walking on the new-fallen snow…seeing your breath. Not far from our house is a big snow-covered hill, where young and old have fun with Flexible Flyers, saucers and cardboard. As I watch, I pretend to be up there with them. ;-) Jack

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: Your Winning Words today point out to me that, as I get older and older, my imagination might be deteriorating because one of my big purposes now is NOT TO FALL DOWN ON THE SNOW, NOT TO FALL DOWN PERIOD AND BREAK A BONE. FROM JACK: While you're down there, you might as well make a snow angel

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: There is nothing so pretty as a freshly snow covered lawn; especially evergreen trees. And being as we have a sloping backyard our grandsons love to come over and sled all day. They come in when their toes and noses are bright red....to a cup of hot chocolate! How wonderful these fun days are!!! FROM JACK: Do you go down the hill with them?

FROM RI IN BOSTON: There are some wonderful moments that go along with a fresh snowfall. Your mention of a snowy hill with lighthearted young and old sledders reminds me of years ago when we were in West Bloomfield, and our family got invited by the Fishers to join the winter fun on the hill near their home. Afterward we were invited to their home for hot drinks and friendly chatting. You don't forget those moments. FROM JACK: Thanks for the reminder. That's a great remembrance.

FROM PRFM IN ALABAMA: I get the same feeling when I am walking on white sand at the gulf of Mexico. FROM JACK: Do you ever lie down and make sand angels?

FROM ED IN ARIZONA: Who says there's no snow in the sunbelt? FROM JACK: wow (for the rest of you..ED sent a picture of her hiking in the snowy mountains)
MORE FROM ED: its 70 degrees here and sunny (sorry). However, im heading up to Flagstaff this weekend (just a 2 hour drive north) and it will be 25 degrees there. We are planning on hiking in the Grand Canyon on Saturday, Rock climbing in Sedona on Sunday (50 degrees) and then watch the snow from a big snow storm that is coming through on Monday! The topography here provides such a range of climates within just a 2 hours drive!! How awesome

FROM SG IN TAMPA: In Florida the young make their angels in the sand at the beach. FROM JACK: Are you one of the young?

FROM CJL IN OHIO: and remember when you were..... FROM JACK: Those were the days my friend We'd thought they'd never end We'd sing and dance Forever and a day We'd live the life we'd choose We'd fight and never lose For we were young And sure to have our way MORE FROM CJL: God gives us memories so we can have roses in December....

FROM PRJS IN MICHIGAN: I would love to come down that hill but would likely come down in more than one piece so I am with you...I watch and remember.
FROM JACK: I remember once going down a hill and unexpectedlt came upon a cliff at the bottom. I landed with such force that the sled runners bent.

MORE FROM ED: its 70 degrees here and sunny (sorry). However, im heading up to Flagstaff this weekend (just a 2 hour drive north) and it will be 25 degrees there. We are planning on hiking in the Grand Canyon on Saturday, Rock climbing in Sedona on Sunday (50 degrees) and then watch the snow from a big snow storm that is coming through on Monday! The topography here provides such a range of climates within just a 2 hours drive!! How awesome

FROM PRPH IN ARIZONA: why pretend, Jack? you should go and join them! it would surely bring back a lot of childhood memories! FROM JACK: If I'm going to pretend, I'll pretend that I'm in Arizona.

FROM AW IN ILLINOIS: I read the weather reports, the people in the Sun Belt are learning how to walk on water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Winning Words today point out to me that, as I get older and older, my imagination might be deteriorating because one of my big purposes now is NOT TO FALL DOWN ON THE SNOW, NOT TO FALL DOWN PERIOD AND BREAK A BONE.
S.H. in MI