Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Winning Words 12/23/09
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” (Churchill) I went to a breakfast honoring volunteers recently, and this quote was printed on the program. The sub-title for the day was, “Building Healthy Community Connections.” It is when we give that we receive…and make the world a better place for all. ;-) Jack

FROM DRGF IN MICHIGAN: Excellent! FROM JACK: When I was in elementary school, the grading system went like this: (E) Excellent, (VG) Very Good, (G) Good, (P) Poor. I once got a P, but that's another story.

FROM PRJS IN MICHIGAN: I may be wrong but my observation of the world is that it is divided between "Net Givers" and "Net Takers"....by this I mean that some people give a lot more than they take and others take a lot more than they give. We don't seem to have too many people in the middle on that issue. Reminds me of the story of the Fuzzies that came out back in the 70s. Great story.... FROM JACK: If you mean Piper's " Little Fuzzy," it does present an interesting take on the values of honesty and sincerity. BTW, as an author of childrens books, have you written any for children on the subject of Christmas?

FROM CS IN MICHIGAN: I particularly like these words this morning. FROM JACK: I know that you've tried to do that.

FROM GK IN MICHIGAN: I “love” that saying by Churchill and try to live by its meaning. FROM JACK: The world is better, because of people like you.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: He's right...as usual FROM JACK: He also said: "Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put."

FROM MOLINER AE: Your winning words are a blessing daily. Thank you so much!

No comments: