Friday, November 06, 2009

Winning Words 11/6/09
“I don’t think anything is unrealistic if you can do it.” (Mike Ditka) How you think and what you believe often determine what you can do.. I read an article this week in which the author said that negative thinking is good for you. Coach Ditka doesn’t think it’s good for a football team. Take an inventory of those around you. Who are the ones who brighten your life and who inspire you…positives or negatives? ;-) Jack

FROM SG IN TAMPA: Absolutely positives. FROM JACK: You are blessed!

FROM MKH IN MICHIGAN: Your winning words often make my day! Have a great weekend. FROM JACK: Writing and sending WWs makes my day; receiving comments like yours makes it even better.

FROM L IN ILLINOIS: Is there anyone who's accomplished anything they really didn't believe they could do? FROM JACK: I see this as a rhetorical question. I'll have to think about it.

FROM LP IN MICHIGAN: I've got to say, I cannot think of any time that negative thinking has helped me do anything but feel bad. Here's to the positive thoughts! May you have a weekend full of them. FROM JACK: This morning I spent close to an hour in a meeting where many positive thoughts were exchanged.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: 99% positive...1% negative....a dear friend who I am working on.

FROM ED IN ARIZONA: I am reading a book by one of Freyman's former students about Freyman's life and has many of his speeches and stories. He is hilarious, oh yes, and brilliant. FROM JACK: Almost every response from you contains surprise information.

FROM PRJS IN MICHIGAN: Naive positives darken my life. I like realistic people. FROM JACK: I like realistic people, too. Naive or not, I'd rather be among positve people than negative ones.

FROM MOLINER CF: Coach Ditka did a John Deere Battery (The Hibernator) promotional video for us once. On the second "take" we all thought it was great. Ditka said, "Let's do it one more time. I think I can do better. We did and he did. What a guy! FROM JACK: I liked him when he played for Da Bears.

FROM MO IN ILLINOIS: Positive, no doubt about it! Mike Ditka is pretty much a law unto himself, but he was a good coach! FROM JACK: I agree. I grew up, a fan of the Bears...when they played at Wrigley Field. One of my confirmation students had a season with "The Monsters," and you said that Bill was on the team until he was injured.

FROM CA IN MICHIGAN: POSITIVES of course ! thanks for your continued winning words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This one is really making me think. Sometimes the negatives are truly useful in helping me to discern that I need to get out of the path I've been on and onto another path that would be better for me and for everyone else. The catch in the WW is "if you CAN do it". There are just some things that I can't and shouldn't do because I'm not wired for success in them. Negative people can help me discern that better. Hopefully the negative people care for me and aren't malicious or anything.
S.H. in MI