Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Winning Words 11/10/09
“Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.” (Martin Luther) Luther was a man of hope. A priest that I know once described him in a homily as a Catholic with a conscience. In a sense, ML’s world was going to pieces all around him, but he continued to believe that God would provide a tomorrow. Hope and faith were supports for him in the difficult days. ;-) Jack

FROM ML IN ILLINOIS: one day at a time...encourage life on each one! FROM JACK: Yep! Keep on keeping on.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: We are still planting too.....Kimberly has the H1N1 flu....I'm going back over there today for a few days. Take care of yourself!

FROM EMT SINGS IN MICHIGAN: Can you believe that 19 years ago today you married Rick and I! Yesterday the 9th was my Mother's 97th birthday. We live a very full life. Thanks for getting it off to such a great start!
FROM JACK: I just drove by the entrance to your "old" place a few minutes ago. 19 and 97 are more than numbers. They represent a lot of memories.

FROM SG IN TAMPA: One day at a time. FROM JACK: The challenge....To live it!

FROM CL IN MICHIGAN: Amen and Amen

FROM PRPH IN MINNESOTA: someone told me that Luther never really said this but its still a great quote. and maybe my friend was wrong... FROM JACK: There will always be people like Thomas, and that's not bad, just reality. I suppose there are many things that "Luther said" that he didn't say. Even the best research is not complete research. It's a good quote, just the same.

FROM JS IN MICHIGAN: Does this imply that Catholics do not have consciences? FROM JACK: You'd make a good Lutheran, because I don't think you feel guilty about not following Catholic rules exactly.

No comments: