Thursday, October 08, 2009

Winning Words 10/8/09
“Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” (Dr Laura) To get out of the box that encloses us, perhaps we need to think outside of the box. There are solutions to life’s problems. Is there a window that we haven’t seen before? How about digging a tunnel? Or maybe our box only has one wall. Trying to think “outside of the box” is a real help for me. ;-) Jack

FROM MOLINER GS: People need to do this now more than ever due to the economy. Cashed any $.03 checks lately? FROM JACK: Yep, those were the days....We are who we were. GS is referring to a time during the Great Depression when my mother sent me to the bank to cash a 3 cent refund check. We dug our tunnels.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Yes. On the economy we must be taking the tunnel route, sure seems dark. FROM JACK: I read someplace that it's darkest before the dawn...AND that there's light at the end of the tunnel. I have high hopes, high apple pie in the sky hopes. MORE FROM JON: Good. I hope the light you see at the end of the tunnel is not another train… Have a great day my friend.

FROM SH IN MICHIGAN: Actually, when I have a relationship problem with someone and struggling with it, and even when it's embarrassing and humiliating that others can see my life isn't just one of success and harmony and lawfulness, I thank God that He is everywhere, in heaven, in sheol, nowhere is hidden from Him and His people and it's not just up to me, I take some relief from thinking someone else outside my box is seeing this unjust and crappy relationship and praying for us. The walls are being beaten down on both
sides. I do the same for other people. Is Dr. Laura, Dr. Schlesinger? Suppose most might be thinking of other, more material walls. FROM JACK: The idea of the walls being beaten down on both sides.....I like it!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Today is my 59th birthday! There is no way I can stop time, so I will just grin and bear it! I am deeply thankful for the walls and the doors in my life! And my friend sent me a cartoon about the dangers of digging tunnels...sometimes. (Remember the outhouse tunnel?!?) FROM JACK: Yes, I remember the picture of the person digging under the wall and finding that the tunnel led to the space beneath the outhouse. Sometimes that happens when we dig tunnels.

FROM CL IN MICHIGAN: todays winning words reminds me of the book "If you want to walk on water, you need to get out of the boat" interesting book have you read it?? FROM JACK: It sounds like something that I want to read.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: Isn't that what we were taught? FROM JACK: That which is taught is not always learned.

SENT BY J&RA IN MICHIGAN: A bumblebee, if dropped into an open tumbler, will be there until it dies, unless it is taken out. It never sees the means of escape at the top, but persists in trying to find some way out
through the sides near the bottom.. It will seek a way where none exists, until it completely destroys itself..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, when I have a relationship problem with someone and struggling with it, and even when it's embarrassing and humiliating that others can see my life isn't just one of success and harmony and lawfulness, I thank God that He is everywhere, in heaven, in sheol, nowhere is hidden from Him and His people and it's not just up to me, I take some relief from thinking someone else outside my box is seeing this unjust and crappy relationship and praying for us. The walls are being beaten down on both sides. I do the same for other people.
Is Dr. Laura, Dr. Schlesinger? Suppose most might be thinking of other, more material walls.
Peace,
S.H. in MI