Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Winning Words 8/5/09
“Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows.” Sent by DAZ in Colorado) Early in my ministry I came across a poem simply titled, Tomorrow. It’s about someone who made a list of things he was going to do, tomorrow. But for him, tomorrow never came. He died, leaving behind a long list of things that he was going to do, tomorrow! ;-) Jack

FROM C.S. IN WISCONSIN: Maybe it is okay to have a long list of things to do tomorrow– even if we don’t accomplish them all before we leave this earth. It shows that we have many interests, a positive outlook on life. I guess I’d rather leave a list of things I still want to do than to leave with nothing more to look forward to in life. FROM JACK: The fact remains that there are limited tomorrows. We have to choose wisely what is most important to accomplish, and do it now. Yours is a good thought.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: You're right. Why wait any longer? Better get started on that "Bucket List" right now.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: We have friends who save money like mad....they have a lot of it too. My husband and I love to travel and these people are waiting until they have "enough" to travel in style. We have been to all 50 states: they are waiting until they retire. Everything they do they will do after they retire. God gave us life for living. He knows how many tomorrows we have. But we don't. We believe in saving for tomorrow... and do...but we also believe life is worth living and enjoying to the fullest now...not later or tomorrow. What wonderful God-given gifts they have failed to open but are saving for tomorrow. We like or tomorrows but but love our todays!

FROM MOLINER G.S.: Tom Peters mantra, which I subscribe to, is, "Ready, Fire, Aim!" The reason for this is that too many times in larger businesses people do, "Ready, Aim, Aim, Aim..." and never make the decision to act. I read once where persons in nursing homes chief comment was that they never took a risk when the opportunity presented itself. I've NEVER had that problem. But I do regret some of my hasty decisions. FROM JACK: I can see why your business was a successful one.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: Plan as if you are going to live forever; Live as if you are going to die today. I like this!
FROM JACK: My step-father put it this way....
“FORGET ABOUT YESTERDAY, PLAN A LITTLE BIT FOR TOMORROW, AND LIVE LIKE HELL TODAY.”

FROM M.T. IN PENNSYLVANIA: I have a friend here in PA (Jay McPhillips) who has written a book of humorous (and other) musings. One says: "Yesterday, today was tomorrow."

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Sometimes late at night I lie awake and watch her sleeping
She's lost in peaceful dreams So I turn out the lights and lay there in the dark
And the thought crosses my mind
If I never wake up in the morning Would she ever doubt the way I feel About her in my heart
If tomorrow never comes
RONAN KEATING LYRICS,If Tomorrow Never Comes

FROM KZB, DAUGHTER OF DAZ: Now that's a wise man, who said that! :) Totally agree. Carpe Diem.

No comments: