Monday, August 03, 2009

Winning Words 8/3/09
“’Twixt the optimist and the pessimist, The difference is quite droll. The optimist, the doughnut sees, The pessimist, the hole.” (McLandburgh Wilson) A radio program heard in Detroit many years ago was called, The Sunnyside Of The Street. We could use a program like that again. The pessimists seem to be listening to a different station. I’ll continue to look for the positives, and eat my doughnut. ;-) Jack

FROM MOLINER G.S.: I remember listening to the sunny side of the street when I lived in Sandusky OH. Good program

FROM S.H. IN MICHIGAN: Another really wonderful quote. Actually, with a God like we worship, it's easier to look at the positive, because we believe God can create in the void. In the black holes of life. In the places we move aside from, to let Him be God. He can make something come from nothing. I'll eat my doughnut too and do my darnest to support the Church everywhere.

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: In my case, belief in miracles starts when you consider the gift of life in the first place.

FROM DMF IN MINNESOTA: Reminds me of Burl Ives’ song “Watch the donut, not the hole” . Different point….but still good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNppG7vRZ-I

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Great way to start the week off! I love this one! I don't care for donuts, but I do like bagels! I'll have one in honor of my optimist friend Freed!

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Doughnut holes are great dunked in coffee. But I suppose only pessimists eat them. And you can eat about five holes for fewer calories than one doughnut. So maybe being a pessimist isn't all that bad. Or does it mean there are five pessimists for every optimist? I am optimistic that you will tell me. FROM JACK: A hole is a hole, meaning I hole is nothing. Eat five helpings of nothing , and you eat nothing.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: You shouldn't eat doughnuts. They aren't nutritionally sound. But continue to look for positives, unless you're writing WW. FROM JACK: Who ordained you to be a preacher on the subject of nutrition?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another really wonderful quote, Pastor Freed. Actually, with a God like we worship, it's easier to look at the positive, because we believe God can create in the void. In the black holes of life. In the places we move aside from, to let Him be God. He can make something come from nothing. I'll eat my doughnut too and do my darnest to support the Church everywhere.
S.H. in MI