Friday, August 14, 2009

Winning Words 8/14/09
“I don’t fail. I succeed at finding what doesn’t work.” (Christopher Titus – sent by J.L.) Edison said something similar. “I didn’t fail. I just found 2,000 ways how not to create a light bulb.” If a genius like TAE can fail and still be a success, so can we. If at first you don’t succeed….(You know how it goes.) This seems to fit for a lot of different situations. ;-) Jack

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Even though it sidesteps the issue, I like the wit expressed in today's WW and Edison's comment. It's a special talent to remain positive in the face of negative results. FROM JACK: The issue, as I see it, is to think about...What is failure, and what is success? The common measurement of each isn't always to be relied upon.

FROM L IN ILLINOIS: If failing is any indication, I must be well on my way to greatness!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: The more I read this, the more I like it. Talk about postitive! We don't really ever fail do we? Failure would be not trying at all!

FROM MOLINER C.F.: The only way to fail is not try. FROM JACK: This reminds me of something Wayne Gretzky (the famous hockey player) said: "I missed 100% of the shots I didn't take." MORE FROM C.F.: Even Boxcar Willie got famous. Was he a failure? I donno. MORE FROM JACK: He was a very successful singer in Branson, MO.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, as my daughter was growing up and even up until now, she has commented tersely that she has been able to watch her friends and then try to learn from their mistakes. That's how she succeeded at finding what doesn't work. I think she has even watched me and is trying not to make my same mistakes, which she has found in me. And so the wheel turns. Undoubtedly there are some failings for which there is no original example for. We each have some of those I suppose.
S.H. in MI