Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Winning Words 7/7/09
If you want a dialogue, don’t insist on always having the last word.” (Dom Helder Camara) There’s nothing better than to be able to sit down with someone and have a good conversation. If there’s a last word to be spoken after that, it’s probably, “Thanks!” Have you had such an experience recently? ;-) Jack

FROM K.B. IN MICHIGAN: I am spending a couple of weeks at home with my children and grandchildren and I want to tell you how much I enjoy your WW's and with children there is little dialogue so I try to get the last word

FROM N.K. IN THE U.P.: YES, YES, WITH A DEAR FRIEND LONG DISTANCE.....AN AUGIE LONG TIME FRIEND....THANKFUL....I HAVE SUPPER EVERY NITE WITH MY SWEETHEART. WE ARE BLESSED.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: You did this especially for me, didn't you? FROM JACK: In fact, I told someone this morning that I would be getting a response from you on this one.

FROM C.B. IN COLORADO: Love that one!! (In a family that likes to be right - this one hits home!)

FROM CJL IN OHIO: Or if it is: "Thanks" or "yes, dear"?

FROM JACK: "An apology is a good way to have the last word." (Unknown)

FROM N.C. IN ILLINOIS: Here's a quote: I Believe...
That just because two people argue, doesn't mean they don't love each other.
And just because they don't argue, doesn't mean they do love each other.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: This is a hard one in a family who loves to talk politics. But it's a good one too, because we are all in the same party! Thankfully! But truthfully, we do need to stop talking sometimes and just listen. I love to stop talking and listen to my grandsons...I learn SO much!

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Yes, I did have such an experience recently, except it happened on the internet. It was with you FROM JACK: The internet provides a new way of conversation.

FROM C.L. IN MICHIGAN: always when I have bkft with Jack

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great advice. Thanks, Pastor Freed!!!!
S.H. in MI