Friday, June 05, 2009

Winning Words 6/5/09
“Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude
determines how well you do it.” (Lou Holtz) I always liked watching Holtz when he coached Notre Dame’s football team. He’d run along the sidelines, argue with the officials, and throw his ND cap. He had ability, motivation and attitude. And he wanted to win. We don’t have to imitate his antics, but his attitude is worth copying. Like in the Hokey Pokey, he put his whole self in. ;-) Jack

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: And judgment evaluates the importance of what you do. What about football in the scheme of things? (And, seen displayed on a bumper sticker recently: What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?") JACK'S REPLY: Ahhhh, you're right. Lou should have included judgment.

FROM J.L. IN MICHIGAN: Each day I get a progress report on a relative's battle with weight. Today, I sent her this email! It is perfect! Activate and motivate! That's what effects our attitudes! Good one...no...great one!!!
REPONSE FROM THE RELATIVE:
LOVE IT!! Thanks!! This one is going on my fridge.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: How well you did it depends on perception. FROM JACK: How about persperation?

FROM MOLINER G.S.:
Very good.

FROM ACS IN MICHIGAN: I'm forwarding this one to my grandson. Heard this expression the other day. thought you'd like it, you optimist, you. "Optimists and Pessimists are both wrong. But Optimists have more fun!"

FROM C.L. IN MICHIGAN: your Lou Holtz quote today brings to mind a line from a sales motivation seminar I attended back in the '60s. The presenter was a fellow named Gariapy don't remember his first name and he said " Success is based on attitude not aptitude" Have never forgotten that

FROM CJL IN OHIO: I'm not sure I'd put "holtz" & "hokey-pokey" together. But his enthusiasm is contageous! And those three words do fit together!


No comments: