Thursday, June 25, 2009

Winning Words 6/25/09
“You never wait too long when you wait for something good.” (Swedish Proverb) Is patience one of your virtues? If I’m going after something good, I can be patient. And then there are other times… I don’t know if there’s been an actual study, but I would guess that patience, or the lack of it, is learned in the home. ;-) Jack

FROM MOLINER G.S.: I agree that patience is taught at home. FROM JACK: "Just wait 'til your father gets home."

FROM S.G. IN TAMPA: With people I am very patient, but with anything that has parts and doesn't work {like a TV or a car) I am not patient. Maybe that is part of my Swedish parentage.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: One of my good points is patience. I don't mind waiting...at the doctor's office, in line, in traffic....I don't seem to get upset at all. Usually it's for a very good reason...people don't like to make others wait on purpose. However, I make up that good point with a lot of other one which aren't so good..... :-) My parents and grandparents were pretty laid back. My dad less than my mom. Maybe it is learned at
home. Never thought of it before. FROM JACK: A few of us could take lessons from you.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Patience can be tried. FROM JACK: What does this mean? Perhaps this verse from the Bible (Rev 2:2) gives the answer. "I know your works, and your labor, and your patience, and how you can not bear them which are evil: and you have tried (tested) them which say they are apostles, and are not, and have found them liars."

FRIM CJL IN OHIO: And honed in life's situations...

FROM A.M. IN MICHIGAN: Time also teaches us patience. Milton said he also serves who stands and waits. I am a more patient older adult in most instances.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: I remember when it was my duty to dish out the ice cream and I measured it out very carefully so everyone got the same amount, and then I realized I didn't have a dish full. but my Pa was already dividing his.

No comments: