Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Winning Words 6/17/09
“Time heals almost everything. Give time time.” (Regina Brett) A friend of mine who has lived in the Cleveland area knows of Brett and says that she has dealt with personal difficulties, and she still keeps the optimistic spirit. Time is a great healer, but so is the right attitude. Let’s work on it. ;-) Jack

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: ...and more time, and more time, and more time, but keep stepping forward with positive intent. each positive step builds upon the last. btw, i can't get into the blog anymore. is anyone else having the same problem? it might be my anti-spam on steroids.
FROM JACK: I like the song, Time in a bottle, sung by Jim Croce

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that Id like to do
Is to save every day
Till eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
Id save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
Ive looked around enough to know
That youre the one I want to go
Through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty
Except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
Ive looked around enough to know
That youre the one I want to go
Through time with

FROM M.T. IN PENNSYLVANIA: Here's another 'time' quote. I think this one qualifies as 'black humor'. :-)
"Time is a great teacher....but unfortunately, it kills all of its students." Hector Berlioz FROM JACK: It's Black Humor if you're deluded into thinking that time has the possibility of never ending.

FROM M.R. IN MICHIGAN: “Time wounds all heels.” FROM JACK: That's what the Last Judgment is about.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Isn't it interesting that the words "attitude" and "altitude" can help you reach great heights?

FROM L.G. IN MICHIGAN: God gave me a wonderful gift at birth--the gift of an optimistic outlook. I have had many trials in my lifetime that threatened my health, my safety, and my sanity. Yet through all, I remained positive in my outlook on life and hopeful that better days would come. Even in my most depressed times, faced with very bleak prospects, I could find beauty in the world, goodness in others, and humor in some aspect of my circumstance. I am so grateful for this gift! I thank God for this gift! From this outlook I developed my own personal philosophy statement: My happiness is my fault!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Time definitely heals but time is relative to each person. As time goes by, memories become sweeter to me. FROM JACK: Time also allows us to forget some things.

FROM S.G. IN TAMPA: How true.

No comments: