Monday, June 01, 2009

Winning Words 6/1/09
“You cannot tailor make your situations in life, but you can tailor make your attitudes to fit those situations.” (Zig Ziglar) At times we all find ourselves in circumstances, beyond our control, that are not to our liking. Z.Z., a well-known motivational speaker, says that a positive attitude can find some good in the bad. Have you found that to be the case? I have…most of the time. ;-) Jack

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Too often people say, "I prayed and God didn't provide a solution." They want a tailor-made solution handed down for a problem. What God has done is give us the wherewithal to provide the solution to the problem ourselves, or it's something that will work itself out if we are patient enough to wait a bit.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: I have set the internal default on my personal operating system to: is the next best approach? Sounds silly, but without this approach the default setting can be: “Complain, groan, pout, and let it eat away at your insides.” Moving from ideal to best to then next best works for me. Remember the old Sears Catalog: Good, Better, Best? I was always able to get the best… JACK'S REPLY: Ahhh, the Sears catalog! I liked the soft pages best.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: take about memories on Memorial Day. The Kenosha bands used to march at Somers , Wisc. Irene and i used to sell candy bars for the kids so they could get credit to travel with the ( a ) band during the summer. Well the parade was on the main drag, and at the end of the parade most of the fire engines and others travelled down that road with their sirens blasting. The noise was so fierce it rattled your teeth right out of our mouth. it was crazy. I couldn't hear right for several days after wards.Wow

FROM CWR IN B'MORE: .......excellent.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: Or putting it another way: It's not the stimulus, but the way you react to it, that counts.

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: it's all in the way we choose to look at life in general, don't you think? JACK'S REPLY: Yes.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Yes, attitude sets the background of our reaction to each situation, both good and bad. Most of the time I am up for the task however, once in awhile I falter.

FROM MOLINER G.S.: I grow best under tension of some sort.

FROM INDY GENIE: I bet Zig is a champion player of the glad game....wouldn't it be fun if there was a Glad Game Tournament?....televised and everything? No losers.

No comments: