Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Winning Words 6/10/09
“There’s always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best.” (Joe DiMaggio – Sent by D.C.) Shoeless Joe Jackson was accused helping to throw games in the 1919 World Series. A boy came up to him and said, “Say it ain’t so, Joe.” Joe D. was a good role model. For me, former Red Wing, Steve Yserman is the best player/role model that I’ve known. Do you have a favorite? In truth, the quote is one that applies to each of us. Eyes are watching. ;-) Jack

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: For some reason we did not get WW yesterday. But I did access the blog and found the WW message about Joe D. posted there. It expressed an admirable attitude. JACK'S RESPONSE: Two or three said that they didn't get WWs yesterday. The resourceful ones checked the blog. I don't know what happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pastor Freed,
Your Winning Words didn't come to my e-mail box but here they are anyway. What a relief!!! If I don't see them in the morning, I worry about your having some reason for not writing to us. Glad I checked here. Don't know much about sports, but have heard about Magic Johnson and he seems to be a good role model, as much as I've heard about him.
S.H. in MI