Friday, May 29, 2009

Winning Words 5/28/09
“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” (Anne Frank) Anne is one of those persons who did her part to improve the world. Another was John Hughes-Games who, when he was dying in the hospital, gave a final request to his wife: “I’d like to leave some money to have these windows cleaned.” The death notice asked for donations to the hospital window cleaning fund. (From 3 Minutes A Day) What might we do to improve the world? ;-) Jack

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: It’s true. Today I am going to get a haircut.

FROM MOLINER G.S.: People think they have to do a BIG THING to feel significant. That is nice, but I think doing the little things bit-by-bit is what counts. I remember my G'pa telling me only once in a gentle way, when I was 4-5 years old: "Jorge (yoryea), don't play with guns." And he invented an artillery gunsight used in WW II - but he was right to tell me, in his way, that war was a horrible, horrible thing. The older I become I hate war more and more. But that is what needs to be done to preserve our liberty & freedom. Sometimes it seems like an oxymoron.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Improving the world is a marvelous goal. Where's the starting line?
JACK'S REPLY: ...with you!

No comments: