Thursday, May 28, 2009

Winning Words 5/27/09
“Failure is success if we learn from it.” (Malcolm Forbes) Yesterday I read about a man in his 70s who took his driver’s license exam 271 times before he passed. With each failure, he learned something more about the laws of the road. Shall failure make us feel sorry for ourselves, or spur us on to finally become successful? Babe Ruth struck out 1330 times in his career. ;-) Jack

FROM HILLTOPPER JOHN: The key word here is the "if." Too many people are willing to simply live with the failure and not learn from it.

FROM S.T. IN MICHIGAN: Thanks for the inspiring words.

FROM P.O. IN MICHIGAN: I agree with the quote --- but it must be just in theory because I still don't want to meet him on the highway! JACK'S REPLY: At least he knows the rules.

FROM N.L. IN FLORIDA: Like that Jack, I know.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: C'monnnnnn! I think the old guy was just socializing at the Motor Vehicle Registry. JACK'S REPLY: According to the article, he was somewhat illiterate, and the workers were patient enough to put up with his persistence. Success is about patience and persistence.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: it's better to fail than not try at all. JACK'S REPLY: It depends on what you are trying to do.

FROM GOOD DEBT JOHN: “I never see failure as failure, only as a learning experience.” J. Douglas Edwards (circa 1966) famous sales trainer… JACK'S REPLY: And maybe that's why the call the experience: "The School of Hard Knocks."

FROM P.H. IN MINNESOTA: I struck out with some old girls friends years ago. Is that the same kind of thing? JACK'S REPLY: 1330 times? I'm impressed.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: If we don't learn from failure we lose one of the most consistent & insistent teachers!

No comments: