Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Winning Words 5/25/09
“Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal.”
(Seen on a headstone in Ireland) This is a good one to think about while Memorial Day is still fresh in our minds. We all have our memories that can never be taken away from us, don’t we? ;-) Jack (Seen

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: This is true in my life, the trick is to get the love memories to begin to flood and overwhelm the pain of loss.

FROM S.H. IN MICHIGAN: Our dog, Calvin, died a couple of hours ago. It seems like he might have had a stroke. He was trying to walk and just couldn't stand up hardly. Spent some time scrunched up under my chair. I could tell he was suffering. Praying and praying and praying. Finally, he layed down in the kitchen, me sitting beside him on the floor, he seemed to be resting peacefully and after about 20 minutes stopped breathing. Calvin loved people, whenever anyone came he would get himself in the midst of all of us,
looking up at us, at each of our faces, seeming to be tremendously interested in whatever we were saying to each other, wagging his tail, he definitely leaves a void and will always be remembered as one of our family and no one will take his place in our hearts. He was uniquely special and had a uniquely special place even in the whole universe that God created. Heaven and earth are much richer for what Calvin did while he was alive and now also with God now, the One who brought Calvin and his gift of loving to us. Thanks for your Winning Words today, Pastor Freed. We appreciate them very much.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: Both parts of that statement are true.....We live with them both!

FROM MOLINER C.F.: I look forward to the memories to yet be made.

FROM PR G.C. IN SAN DIEGO: Good quote for any day. Gracias.

FROM S.G. IN TAMPA: Yes, how true, Jack, and we are the lucky ones who can remember and do count our blessings every day.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: We are deeply grateful for our good memories....they far outweigh the heartaches. After all, loved ones leave the heartache and they are the ones who leave the love behind!

FROM M.N. IN MINNESOTA: Amen to that one!
I put a “garden flag pole” out on my husband's grave. Now I have an American Flag on it, but I bought several others to change it up. I will find some more for other holidays too. I will keep the flag till after July 4th. I figure that will always look nice and I have real trouble with keeping flowers. I did not realize just how hard it would be to put that on his grave. I have been out there many times and it did not affect me like that!

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: i participate in a cemetary walk every october in the old grayslake cemetary on lake street. i/we tell the story of people buried there. one year the theme was the meaning behind inscriptions/carvings on the stones. it is pretty interesting. i also like to roam graveyards reading epitaths. mark and i always stop at graveyards when we roadtrip. kooky heh?

FROM M.W. IN ILLINOIS: Your winning words touched my heart today. Having lost two dear friends in 4 months, Phyllis in December and Virginia in April. I'll carry these words for a long time. Ironically I was unable to attend both services. We were on a trip to Washington DC when a memorial service was held for Virginia. One of the men who mans the powerpoint system for the services taped the service for me. Couldn't bring myself to listen to it until this morning, then I read your email. Whew!!


No comments: