Thursday, May 21, 2009

Winning Words 5/21/09
“I believe in the sun, even when it’s not shining. I believe in love, even when I can’t feel it. I believe in God, even when he is silent.” (Sent by L.G.) These words were found scratched on a basement wall in Paris during World War II. Faith is what enables us to endure those times when God seems to be silent. Hang in there! ;-) Jack

FROM MKH IN MICHIGAN: I believe even then too. Hang in there is the only option!

FROM J.B. IN MINNNESOTA: I just wanted to let you know that your Winning Words have made it all the way to Bogota Columbia in South America! I shared this with a friend of mine and she sent it to her brother who is a Priest serving in Bogota. She said he would love this one!

FROM MOLINER G.S.: And we grow most in our faith when we're most challenged.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: When God is silent, he is probably listening.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Memorial day prose:
I love people even when they are unlovely like I often am. I believe in hope even after it has been politicized. I believe in change because by definition it is inevitable. I believe light will conquer dark, warmth will conquer cold, I believe this more and more even as I grow old. I am thankful for the men and women who help to keep me free. But most of all I am thankful for God, for thee

FROM C.H. ON CAPE COD: Thank you. I like this one.

FROM F.M. IN WISCONSIN: We're hanging in! Thanks to you for your good winning words, each week day!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: I read those words years ago and they always stayed with me. They were in material sent to me for newsletter when I was a church secretary. I put them on my Computer!! (Sound familiar?) I like to think God wasn't silent...just waiting patiently to give us what we needed next.

FROM PR P.H. IN MINNESOTA: i was told these words were found on a wall in a barracks at one of the infamous Nazi concentration camps. no matter, they are still timely and instructive words

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, God.
Thank you, person in Paris writing on a basement wall.
Thank you, L.G.
Thank you, Pastor Freed.
S.H. in MI