Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Winning Words 5/13/09
“Always go forward in life.” (Chuck Daly) NBA Hall-of-Fame coach Daly is being buried today. Today’s WWs are his last words whispered to former player, Joe Dumars. It was his way of saying, goodbye. It’s good advice too, for all of us, when we are wondering what our next move should be. Always go forward. ;-) Jack

FROM L.P. IN MICHIGAN: Lately when people ask about my progress in school I say "I'm going forward". This quote was timely... in many ways. Thanks as always.

FROM J.M. IN COLORADO: I can always count on WWs to bring things into perspective. We are in the process of moving to DC (again) -- the movers come June 5, and I've been preparing reluctantly because I really don't want to move this time. In the next couple years we'll settle, but right now I needed a little push to get me moving again. Always go forward in life! This IS a forward move.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: My gearbox doesn't have a "Reverse" REPLY FROM JACK: Sometimes reverse gets us out of tight spots.

FROM MOLINER LIZ: Wow. Always the coach... wonderful last words.

FROM HILLTOPPER JOHN: Ironic that he said "Always go FORWARD in life to a guy who played at the GUARD position!!!

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Just where is "forward" exactly?

No comments: