Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Winning Words 5/12/09
“Life is full of shadows, but the sunshine makes them all.” (Unknown) If the world were all sunshine, it would be a desert. I’m thankful for some of the shadows, for they help to put things into perspective.” ;-) Jack

FROM INDY GENIE: I feel the same way about the weather.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: Have you ever studied a black/white picture/movie and looked how they use the shadows? They use them as we ought to use them in life...

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: So many times it's so peaceful to sit in the shadows. Shadows are what make the sunshine so wonderful. Today my husband and I celebrate 31 years of marriage. The shadows are so much gentler now and the sunshine so much brighter. We look forward to both.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: Does the sun make shadows or something in its way make shadows?

FROM E.D. IN ARIZONA: Speaking of sunshine and shadows...I attached a picture from Buckskin Gulch
(Arizona/Utah border) on a recent hike through the beautiful Navajo sandstone. FROM JACK: That's really an interesting picture. If any reader wants to see it, I can forward it.

FROM R.G. IN ARIZONA: Actually it is the 'object' that makes the shadows, not the light. If we consider the the 'light' as the truth, and the shadow as the absence of it, we might consider that the shadows are a result of our own constructed objects (opinions, beliefs, ideas, etc.) that interfere with the Light of Truth. How often can we admit to our own errors as evidence of this? This alone provides support for the command to 'remove the beam from thine own eye...' so the light can give evidence for the Truth --- not just my perception of it. How are you, by the way? Stay well my friend!

FROM G.C. IN SAN DIEGO: I love shadows! It is my favorite time of the time to play golf!

No comments: