Thursday, April 30, 2009

Winning Words 4/30/09
“If I were asked to give what I consider the single most important advice, it would be this: Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and when it comes, hold your head high, look it squarely in the eye and say, ‘I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me.’” (Ann Landers) Ann still gives good advice, even if it’s from the grave. Just like what was said in yesterday’s WWs, the right attitude is key. ;-) Jack

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Attitude is a choice. One of my favorite quotes is from Robert Frost and it goes along with today quote..."Always fall in with what you're asked to accept. Take what is given, and make it over your way." Ann was one of my favorite articles to read daily. She had wonderful advice and this was the best! FROM JACK: Two of my favorite Frost poems are "Mending Wall" and "The Road Not Taken." Both, in their own way, have something to do with ATTITUDE. MORE FROM JACK: From Mending Wall, I particularly like the lines...
Before I built a wall, I'd like to know What I was walling in, Or walling out.
That, to me, says alot about our attitudes on many subjects

FROM A DIVORCEE: Of all the good advice Ann Landers dispensed, if she thinks this is the most important, I'm listening... Thanks, Ann (and Jack) for just what I needed to hear! FROM JACK: I like the words of Jesus: "In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Isn't that what Goliath said to David?

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: you hit the nail on the head sir.

No comments: