Friday, March 06, 2009

Winning Words 3/6/09
“Start by doing what’s necessary; then what’s possible; suddenly you’re doing the impossible.”
(St. Francis of Assisi) Another one that seems to fit…”One step, and then another, and the longest journey is over.” Is there something necessary that needs doing today? Leave the impossible things until later, but don’t forget them. ;-) Jack

FROM J.E. IN MI: This is a perfect thought for prioritizing what has to be done. We must continue to chip away at what must be done. Thank you for your prayers. My husband is doing wonderful. We go for the follow-up today.

FROM M.T. IN PA: good advice!!

FROM CJL IN OHIO: Yeah. It's necessary I do some work for the IRS.....

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Necessary???? hmmmmmmm...I will ponder my necessary objects today and then move ahead to the possible and then accomplish the impossible!!! Possibly! Probably! Perhaps! Positively!!

FROM M.E. IN NEWPORT BEACH: Both my wife and Mother are and were particularly good at this. I try to use this as a guide each day with my "lists". Will try to maintain more focus after completing the necessary on the possible. Like this one.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: To dream the impossible dream,to fight the unbeatable foe,to bear with unbearable sorrow,to run where the brave dare not go.To right the unrightable wrong,to love pure and chaste from afar,to try when your arms are too weary,to reach the unreachable star.This is my quest,to follow that star --no matter how hopeless,no matter how far.To fight for the rightwithout question or pause,to be willing to march into hell for aheavenly cause.And I know if I'll only be true to thisglorious questthat my heart will be peaceful and calmwhen I'm laid to my rest.And the world will be better for this,that one man scorned and covered with scarsstill strove with hïs last ounce of courage.To reach the unreachable stars.

FROM S.G. IN TAMPA: One day at a time.

No comments: