Thursday, March 19, 2009

Winning Words 3/19/09
“Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
(Angela Monet) I suppose that’s what’s meant by the phrase, “He marches to the beat of a different drummer.” When it comes to dancing, I’m like Steve Martin when he tried to dance in the movie, The Jerk. Everyone doesn’t hear the same music we hear, so let’s try to be understanding and kind to those around us today. ;-) Jack


FROM S.T. IN MI: Thank you for the positive insight.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Some of us are just not as loose as others when it comes to rhythm. Or we've simply not taken time to develop it. I liked the moment in the movie "Zorba the Greek" when the young intellectual submitted and said, "Teach me to dance!" FROM JACK: Hey, I shoulda done that. Shoulda, woulda, coulda!

FROM M.T. IN PA: If only more people would remember this....more often. FROM JACK: You are one of those people who sees things differently than the ordinary person sees....and you probably dance to a different tune, too. FROM M.T.: I think you are right -- but I've learned to be pretty good at covering that up.

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: As my hearing slips away, I am becoming more and more aware of the meaning of such a saying. It's funny to sit in a crowd and hear them laugh at a joke that you can't even hear. You often just laugh along with them because you know it must have been funny. Hearing is a precious thing but it pales before love. That is the one thing without which we cannot live. FROM JACK: What is living?

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: i used to be self-conscious about dancing when i was younger because i never felt accomplished at doing "the in-dance", whatever it was. one day i just decided to dance with reckless abandon, hearing my own beat, singing my own song. it worked for me. it also lead to a whole lot of abandonment in my life in general. now i dance as if no one were watching and often when no one is watching! i enjoy watching others dance their own tune, like steve martin's "jerk dance".

FROM K.B. IN MI: One of my favorites

FROM MOLINER C.F.: "He knows the words but he's singing off key"

FROM INDY GENIE: I LOVE TO DANCE.....and always have. I don't even need music....I dance to the sound of the wind, ocean waves, etc. or just the music in my head! I also enjoy a good kitchen dance now and then (put the music on loud and dance in the kitchen.....Emily and I enjoyed that when she was growing up....still do)

FROM EMT SINGS IN MI: I always say "Be kind to each other-we are all in the same boat and some of us don't swim very well!"

FROM CJL IN OHIO: ...and hope they have the same toward us....

FROM N.O. IN MI: I just wanted to thank you for keeping me on your list for winning words. I can’t tell you how many times those words have hit the spot in relation to things that are going on in my life. It’s been really something. My husband and I both read them every day.

No comments: