Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Winning Words 3/18/09
“Fear less, hope more. Eat less, chew more. Whine less, breathe more. Talk less, say more. Love more, and all good things will be yours.”
(Swedish Proverb) Here’s some advice from the Swedes for those gloom and doom times. Each of the couplets has its own message. Which of them says the most to you? I like the first and last. ;-) Jack

FROM CJL IN OHIO: they are Swedish... I like them all...(What did you expect?)

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: Ja, det har ar riktigt fin! (forgive the broken Swedish). Don't you just love having a Swedish heritage? Swedes just break me up. I had a great time when I visited over there and found my family and had a chance to enjoy that culture. It helped my understand why the remnants of the Augustana synod are so screwed up and yet so delightful!!!

FROM J.H. IN OHIO: I like Whine less, breathe more! Moving us to ACTION!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: They all have some relevance in my life...but it would probably be Talk less, say more.

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: i like talk less, say more. there is power in silent pauses.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: A closed mouth is the sign of an open mind.

FROM G.C. IN SAN DIEGO: Those Swedes aren't as hard-headed as some might make them out to be. They can make sense at times. FROM JACK: Maybe that's why they call him a Senska Pojke.

FROM GUSTIE MARYLYS: I’m with you Jack.

FROM J.O. IN MI: I prefer the "talk less, say more." Verbose people don't really seem to have much to say.

FROM A.M. IN MI: Whining is something I never could tolerate. None of our five children whined-probably because it did not bring out the best in Mom.

FROM L.P. IN MI: People are dancing to different tunes.I often wonder what my neighbors say when I do the chicken dance in my kitchen. :)I liked the Swedish proverb too. Each piece has its applicability. I've been feeling whiny lately so maybe I just need a few minutes to breath.

FROM A.J. IN MI: Hope all is well this first day of Spring. I really like this saying. I need the "Whine less ..." One. I'll think about it all day and try to improve.

No comments: