Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Winning Words 3/17/09
“Vocatus atque non Vocatus Deus aderit”
(Delphic Oracle) “Bidden or not bidden, God is present.” The eminent psychologist Carl Jung had these words carved over the door of his house and also on his tombstone. The omnipresence of God is something we believe, though most of the time we store it in the back of our mind. There’s still room for this quote to be posted by my computer. ;-) Jack


FROM B.G. IN MI: A good Lutheran idea; one that reminds us that God is here for all of us, all of the time, no matter what we believe.

FROM L.K. IN OHIO: This is always timely.........maybe especially now when recent news shows supposed decline in the American religious sphere.

FROM J.A. IN MI: Great message today. Thank you.

FROM CJL IN OHIO: I hope you have room for all those quotes you're putting on your computer.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: I hope this doesn’t mean conversely that, ““Vocatus atque non Vocatus Diablo aderit” Though I may be mixing the eleven, Spanish, French and Latin words I know. Here is one I like: Le Diablo est mort. Veritas Vos Liberabit. (Truth Shall Set You Free). That is carved on a stone that goes in my brick mailbox. This is the seventh year of construction at the Hanson household. I think the temporary mailbox will come down this year… FROM JACK: I also remember the carved stone that you have by your garage door...ANCORA IMPARO (I am still learning).

FROM M.T. IN PA: I need to move that pearl to the front of the store!

FROM PR. J.S. IN MI: It's curious that the Oracle at Delphi spoke in Latin..... FROM JACK: I translated, so that you could understand.

FROM SNOWBIRD F.M.: Sought or not sought, God is still present in our lives and in this world. Here's an attachment of Fred and friends celebrating St. Patrick's Day. Sought or not sought, God is still present in our lives and in this world.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: If you believed God was a smiter or vengeful, that would be a terrifying thought. I believe He is there to watch over us, guide us and always love us so it is a comforting wonderful thought.

FROM E.A. IN MI: Isn't this the philosophy of Spinoza?

FROM G.C. IN SAN DIEGO: Good quote today!!!

FROM A. & O .M. IN MI: HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY. MAY THE ROOF OVER OUR HEADS NEVER FALL IN AND MAY THE FRIENDS UNDER IT NEVER FALL OUT.

FROM CWR IN B'MORE: Is it in Latin or English or German?

No comments: