Monday, March 16, 2009

Winning Words 3/16/09
“If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it….If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.”
(Nora Roberts) Nora is a famous author of romance novels. Her quote seems to relate to the difficulty of writing, but in fact it can apply to more than that. We all have goals of one sort or another, and they won’t be met if we don’t take that first step forward. Is such a step needed in your life? ;-) Jack

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: And sometimes a step forward is really a step backward....C. S. Lewis' devotions this morning dealt with that. If we have erred, it is smart to take a step backward and deal with the error so that we can then go forward.... FROM JACK: "Situation" rears its ugly head again. FROM J.S.: Another definitive answer from the situational ethics people....they are as slippery as the ethics they espouse

FROM C.N. IN BOSTON: absolutely!! i am traveling this week to interview for a fellowship that would be a big step and a good change in my career path...i need to step forward!

FROM MOLINER G.S.: I'm taking a course to be a volunteer First Responder at our fire department. Haven't taken college tests in over 30 years - hope to survive the tests.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Everything good is worth working for...not exactly a wonderful sentence, but a wonderful sentiment.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: As true as, “If your parents didn’t have children, neither will you. And wherever you go there you are.” Well, there are some things I want so I need to go forward, one of them is at Starbucks.. Good day, Jack.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: It's ok to step forward but wait for the light to change.

FROM J.C. IN HONG KONG: Not a bad quote ... sounds like Colleen Howe's. I was thinking, rather than to suggest the possibility that a person might have a first step to take, suggest the certainty that everyone needs to identify at least one area in their life where a first step needs to be taken, or re-taken. ;-)
In that case, I don't have enough time to sit still!

FROM SNOWBIRD F.M.: I just finished reading "Repacking your Bags" by Leider and Shapiro. I'm trying to lighten my load - maybe not stepping forward!

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Yes, yes, everyday. I need to jab myself in the keister and say, "get going, get going, and sometimes I get going, and sometimes, it is just jabber. I need a daily buddy who will urge me on, motivate me, and in returnI can reciprocate. together we will be a team. go team go.Wilmot, Wilmot, hats off to thee, to our colors true we shall ever be....with a U Ra Ra etc. ( Lincoln High, Minnesota, who else? ) Thanks Jack, depression is a terrible waste of human kind.

No comments: