Friday, March 13, 2009

Winning Words 3/13/09
“When you’ve got an elephant by the hind leg, and he’s trying to get away, it’s best to let him run.”
(A. Lincoln) One of the characteristics that made Lincoln a great leader was his ability to make wise decisions. Sometimes life presents us with challenges that seem to have no solutions, and we have choices to make. A winner says, “I’ll find a way to deal with it.” A loser says, “I quit.” Keep looking. ;-) Jack

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: Your commentary is the opposite of the saying. Lincoln is saying that sometimes it's smart to say "I quit." Then you can live to go on and do something else. FROM JACK: I'll find a way to show you that the two really do go together.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: I have a friend that says he'd quit smoking but, " He doesn't want to be seen as a quitter." I suggested he take up jogging. That way he might live as long as if he did neither.

FROM INDY GENIE: that's what i love about life....even when you're sure there's not, there's always a way. FROM JACK: One of my pastor friends is almost 100, and has written a book, "Show Me The Way To Go Home."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Abraham's way of dealing with it was to turn to God. I like that best of all!

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: i think this one falls under the catagory of choosing your battles! FROM JACK: You could be President of the United States of America!

FROM MOLINER C.F.: One of Abe's other great attributes was that he was a Republican FROM: He decided to let the elephant go, didn't he?

FROM SNOWBIRD F.M.: At my age, running is not permitted, so anything that is running, I leave alone! One of the learning's of old age is being willing to go at a slower pace . . . or just being patient to arrive a bit later

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: OR, we'll call up a buddy and say, "Hey, ole buddy, how would you handle this??"

No comments: