Friday, February 13, 2009

Winning Words 2/13/09
“Every day may not be good, but there’s good in every day.”
(Unknown) It may be difficult, if not impossible, to find good in some days, but I’ve found it helpful to try and do so, anyway. I try to do the same with people, although that seems to be more difficult. For those of us who want to live positively, it’s a good exercise. It’s amazing, what you can find, if you really look for it. Happy hunting! ;-) Jack


FROM A&CS IN MI: I guess you could say being able to arise in the norning makes at least one good thing that happens every day!

OUTHOUSE JUDY: It's not hard to find something good in each day for me at all....people...well that's a different story. I will work harder. Most people will react with kindness...most. And when they do, the feeling is awesome. It's easy to get happy people to smile, but to get a cranky, unhappy one too, well, that is special. JACK'S REPLY: My sister is a pastor's wife. If someone in the congregation was especially cranky, she'd make a batch of cookies and give it to them on Sunday.

FROM S.G. IN TAMPA: I just want you to know how much I enjoy and appreciate your WW. Thanks for sharing. It is hard to believe that I am so busy every day, but that is a good thing.

FROM S.A. IN MI: Keep it up John. Happy Valentine Day.

FROM J.C. IN HONG KONG: Keep up the Goodwork!

FROM CJL IN OH: If you don't want a perverted view of life, you better follow your advice! FROM JACK: When you preached, did you consider yourself as one of the listeners? Sometimes we get so focused in who"s "out there" in the pews that we forget who's "in there" in the pulpit. It's not always the case, but more frequently than not. FROM CJL: I tried to keep the listeners in mind (the audience) and then tailor the message to their needs, not mine, as I saw them. I don't think we forget the one "in there" but forget "why" we are there.

FROM P.&C.S. IN MI: Back at you with a Gooood Morning ( a day late)! FROM JACK: In elementery school, we used to sing to the teacher...
GOOD MORNING TO YOU, GOOD MORNING TO YOU,
WE'RE ALL IN OUR PLACES WITH BRIGHT SHINING FACES,
GOOD MORNING TO YOU. GOOD MORNING TO YOU.


FROM DAUGHTER BETH: Just for the record...you taught me it was Good morning to you! Good morning to you! We're all in our places, with bright happy faces. What a wonderful way to start a new day! (Maybe there are/you know 2 versions.)

No comments: