Friday, January 30, 2009

Winning Words 1/30/09
“I’m a firm believer in learning from adversity. Often the worst of times can turn to your advantage. My life is a study of that.”
(Donald Trump) I wonder if this quote has a message for us in these days that are so difficult for so many? I don’t always agree with The Donald, but this time I do, because I’ve personally seen it happen. I like the spiritual song, We Shall Overcome. We shall overcome! ;-) Jack

FROM N.L. IN FLORIDA: ME TOO: these are very tuff times for a lot of folks.

FROM INDY GENIE: so true..so true. almost wonder if we should get to the point of welcoming adversity....we might bypass a lot of stress!

FROM M.L. IN ILLINOIS: deep in my heart, i know that, i do believe. we shall overcome some day.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Adversity separates the "men from the boys" in many ways. Christians know something better is on the horizon. Trump overcame a lot and now pays for his success. Wealthy people are either loved or hated...mostly hated. Abraham Lincoln had this to say, "You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong." Trump, no matter how you feel about him, is one of the strong.

FROM MOLINER LIZ: Now if we could get Nancy Pelosi to learn from adversity... FROM JACK: I thought that you were giving that political stuff a rest.

FROM J.E. IN MI: this fits perfect today. My husband has been diagnosed with a carcinoid tumor in his lung (he’s never smoked) and I’m having a difficult time selecting a new secretary/assistant. Life, it throws you some curves sometimes. God only gives you what you can handle.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: The Donald is smarter than you think. He's kept his celebrity nose out of politics.

FROM P.O. IN THE HOLY LAND: Your WWs are such a comforting taste of home.

No comments: