Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Winning Words 1/21/09
“I’ve always found, when I was worrying, that the best thing to do was put my mind upon something, work hard and forget what was troubling me.”
(Edison) Somehow I never have thought of Edison as the worrying kind, but I guess that’s a malady that we all have to one degree or another. How do you deal with it? I wonder how Obama will handle the worries of his new office. My advice to him: D.F.T.P. A successful executive had these letters carved on the edge of his desk. They reminded him, as he was about to make important decisions…Don’t Forget To Pray. ;-) Jack


FROM PE J.S. IN MI" What we do seem to forget is that prayer almost always leads to action....by us. God sends us out to do something. Prayer is not an end in itself but always a means to an end.....think of Gethsemane. FROM JACK: The point is...When worrying about what to do next, prayer is a help.

FROM GOOD DEBY JON:You can work or worry. Perhaps by design they are mutually exclusive—right now I’m working.

FROM S.G. IN MI: What a great quote and equally provacative are your comments! THANK U

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Prayer is the only thing going to get us through...after prayer...hard work. That's life though. It's rewards are the little joys in life.

FROM INDY GENIE:Cleaning helps.....especially scrubbing floors on my hands and knees. Remember the movie "I remember mama"? Mama said she felt closer to God when she was on her knees. Pulling weeds/digging in the garden helps too.

FROM M.E. IN SOUTHERN CALIF: My Mother also used to clean the dirtiest corner of the house. I also used to go for a run and now go for a bike ride; basically try to make myself so tired that I focus on what is truly most important and the other background noise issues that create the worry, seem to fade away.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: he had his laboratory in West Orange, N. I wonder if anyone has disected the lives of our prominent inventors and found some core tenants for young people to mold their lives. something to kick start their lives. Have you ever thanked the dumb Russians for driving out the Jews who came here with their tallent? I knew a Jewish lady who was from Kenosha, she and three of her girl friends all married their proffessors, who happened to be nice people. But none of them invited me to their weddings. Shucks, I didn't have any money to buy them a present, but I could have given them my best wishes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prayer is my mainstay but I've often found it helpful to vent to some nonjudgmental person. My daughter does this too. She tells me "Mom, I don't want any advice or suggestions, I just want to vent." Not sure why it works but it seems to relax the tension in a person's mind so better decisions can ensue. Working hard and trying to forget trouble I think might be an escape mechanism, I don't think they work too much for me.
S.H. in MI