Friday, January 02, 2009

Jack’s Winning Words 1/2/09
“Remember, you are too blessed to be stressed.”
(Sent by E.A.) A good way for us to begin the new year would be to count our blessings. A long time ago. I learned to sing,
“Count your many blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you, what the Lord has done.” If there were room by my computer, I’d post that one. ;-) Jack

FROM MOLINER C.F.: That's alright, Jack. i've got room by MY computer. I'll post it. As Shakespeare once said, "Clutter, clutter everywhere and not a spot to think."

FROM L.K. ON A VACATION: Great message...and so timely......earlier this morning, I had onboard our cruise ship heading home from Curacao, a full body massage....my very first one in nearly 64 years of living....the therapist said arthritis and stress have gotten the better of me,ha!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Our blessings are as numerous as the stars! ( I would love to see a picture of your computer....post it on your blogsite!)

FROM D.C. IN MI: May your troubles be less, your blessings more, and may nothing but happiness, come through your door.

FROM F.M. IN WI: We are so richly blessed and may we take time to offer our thanks!

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Wow, I can hear Rev. Fulton now, "sing it again, and sing it out", that was during the depression when my Pa made $40.,00/wk for about 60 hrs of hard work. Then he would come home and work around the house. Happy New Year, Felies Ano Nuevo? mi amigo

FROM J.C. IN HONG KONG: Your computer must have too many blessings already! Did you count them?
I find counting stressful .... oh well! Happy New Year, 2009.

FROM J.G. IN MN: It's a great song. I learned it a long time ago, also.

FROM J&DT IN WI: Our (seminary) classmates are (were) blessings, too, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this is the theory of relativity or something but, because I have been stressed and undoubtedly will be stressed again, therefore I have been more fully able to identify my peace. Don't like to be blessed by stress but my peace shows up as a greater blessing and relief when that stress is involved. Some people seem to have an easier time and I always wonder if they have really been living. Or else I have just been way too stressed in my walk as a Christian. After wishing everyone around me a very blessed New Year and a hope for peace and every blessing in 2009, I'm thankful 2009 has started off with thinking about blessings and stress. Thanks, E.A. and Pastor Freed. Still leaning on God for His strength and help and understanding,
S.H. in Southfield, MI