Friday, December 05, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 12/5/08
“Enthusiasm, like measles, mumps and the common cold, is highly contagious.”
(Emory Ward) Here’s some background on that word, enthusiasm. It’s from the Greek and means to be possessed by a god, to be inspired, to be excited, especially about one’s religion. The Holy Rollers would enthusiastically roll around on the floor. The Quakers and the Shakers would violently tremble. People who are enthusiastic about sports are called, fans, from the word, fanatic. Are you enthusiastic about something? ;-) Jack

FROM E.D. IN AZ: i'll tell you what i am not enthusiastic about... being at school writing a proposal at 3:40am! :) ...although i guess most women my age could be up with a screaming baby at 3am... umm... a proposal vs.screaming baby... that is a toss up.

FROM MOLINE, C.F.: Some of the people are enthusiastic all of the time and all of the people are enthusiastic some of the time, but all of the people are not enthusiastic all of the time. Abe Lundeen

FROM MOLINER, G.S.: Life & living with a purpose. What is yours? REPLY: At the present time, connecting some in need with some who have the ability to give.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Yes. (But very private about it.)

FROM S.G. IN TAMPA: I'm enthusiastic living and enjoying each day and learning new things. The important thought for me is to know that God had a plan for me and for my family and friends. By the way , it is a beautiful day in Florida. It is easy to remember why we moved from Ann Arbor 45 years ago.

FROM CJP IN WI: I'm excited about life. It's a daily rollercoaster with unexpected twists and turns and the more positive and enthusiastic you can be-the better. Yes, it's contagious and we need more of it-especially thru these uncertain times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"For this I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice," Pilate asked him, "What is truth." I just get excited and enthusiastic and thankful and roll-around shout for joy that I actually have something in my life that I can hang my hat on. It's really hard for us mortals to know what's truthful and what ain't but we got the best Help in the whole wide world. Taking care of the whole wide world and not just me.