Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 12/24/08
“In ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’ Charlie Brown asks: ‘Isn't there anyone out there who can tell me what Christmas is all about?’ Linus steps up, quotes from Chapter 2 of Luke’s Gospel, and then says: ‘That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.’”
(Charles Schulz) A Charlie Brown Christmas first appeared in 1965, and I never tire of watching the reruns. I think I’ll go now and read Luke, chapter 2, and remember, not only Linus, but the original. ;-) Jack


FROM MOLINER LIZ: Do you have the soundtrack from the movie? It's the best! JACK'S REPLY: Yep. I think that Vince died this year. REPLY FROM LIZ: Yes, he did. Jazz is so timeless and "clean" sounding.Vince and "Linus & Lucy" will live on forever. btw, my daughter's first ice skating routine for competition was "Linus & Lucy." It's also my cell phone ringtone.

FROM S.G. IN MI: Linus reading that passage is my very favorite part! I also love the score by Vince Guaraldi. I watch it every year and now own it in my DVD collection, the CD as well....Say, the mall store FYE has "Charlie Brown trees" for sale. What a novelty. Happy Holidays to you and yours. REPLY: I got a Charlie Brown Christmas jigsaw puzzle as a gift this year.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:
Since my children were toddlers my wife has always ordered and picked up a special birthday cake for Jesus. My daughter is now 13 and my son 18. Today at 3:00 she picks up another cake. Now my 4 year old nephew and the other small children look forward to Jesus' birthday cake. REPLY: What a great idea!


FROM B.S.'s FRIEND, S.D.: Let's not only count our blessings, but work together and teach our children to make this a better and a more peaceful world for everyone, not just for us in the US.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: This year, more than ever I have been reminded of the "Reason for the Season". I believe we need Him more now than ever and it seems like most are embracing Him. After a long interesting talk with our 4 year old grandson, I think we have done a good job too. I asked him what would happen if he didn't get any presents at all for Christmas. He's answer, "But we got Jesus!" AMEN
Christmas Blessings to you and all of our other "Blog friends!" May God richly bless your Christmas!

FROM M.L. IN IL: we were just all together for christmas eve and at the dinner table we made brother johnny recite linus' speech as we do every year. we're training his 22 year old son eric to carry on the tradition. some things must not be lost in the next generation! merry christmas to you all!

FROM C.H. ON CAPE COD: Joanna, our 8 year old memorized some of the verses from Luke 2 as one of her Christmas presents for her mother..



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, at some level, Pastor Freed, because we have so much Christmas in our whole culture, people going crazy with the trimmings and decorations, presents, food, travelling, etc., etc., etc., I bet Charlie Browns are all over the place. Glad we have an environment where the question becomes important enough to be asked. Hope and pray we have enough Linuses. Pastors and writers like Schulz and animators and Winning Words on the internet all help us, young and old alike. Christmas, 2008, is wonderful yet again!!!!!
Sharon