Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 11/18/08
“Everybody has to be somebody to somebody to be anybody.”
(Malcolm Forbes) If you were to take a snapshot of your life, is there a somebody who has made a difference? Anybody? You may not know it, but you’ve probably made a difference in somebody’s life, too. ;-) Jack

FROM MOLINER LIZ: My father is the dearest man in the world. (And I'm not saying that because he's my dad!) I wish I could be more like him. He is honest, fair, giving, incredibly smart, has tons of common sense, gives great advice and support and is literally every good thing a person could be. My late mom was the same way. I am grateful that I was blessed with such a wonderful family/role models. I try my hardest to be like them every day.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: My grandma and one of my Sunday school teachers, Mrs. Woike. Both taught me my first lessons about Jesus and I remember being absolutely awed and truly happy to hear of His love. I was 4 or so at the time. MORE: I shouldn't leave out my parents either. They taught me my first prayers, said grace before each meal, and prayers at night. But the most important thing they did for me was to lead a wonderful Christian life. There was never ever a time when they turned anyone down...meals, places to stay, money (when they had it), and a rich full life for us five kids. They also raised 4 others with us and helped more kids than you can imagine. When my dad retired they became very much involved in their Grayling church and in Eastern Stars and Masons. I will miss them everyday of my life.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: When I read this again it reminded me of a lady with whom I worked at Nash Mtrs during the war. When we opened our store many old friends and acquaintances came to do Rx business with us. It was very humbling let me tell you. In particular, a very nice gal, a married lady. One day she came in and walked past several other ladies and asked me over and then pulled up her dress to expose Her ( loss of Love Handles)( to Weight Watchers, this is a fatty growth that occurs in some women on the outside upper thigh ). She said,"See Bob they are gone". We both said whooppeee and hugged. Perhaps about 3 or 4 months before she came in to show me the real thing and ask for advice. " I told her to reduce her spaghetti intake and take a rolling pin and roll each love handle six or more times, three times a day." Well it worked, apparently I was somebody to somebody. Shucks, I cry as I remember this lady, we had wonderful customer friends. I miss them.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Some people mean something to all of the people some of the time and all people mean something to some people some of the time, but noit all people mean something to all of the people all of the time. Abe Hodson

No comments: