Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 10/7/08
“Right is right, even if everyone is against it; and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it.”
(Wm. Penn) This “oatmeal man” championed freedom of conscience. He was also an idealist and believed that utopia was possible. Pennsylvania was established as a model place for godly, virtuous and exemplary people. Are you an idealist? Do you believe that utopia is possible? Do you eat oatmeal? ;-) Jack.


FROM THRIVENT TOM: I do eat oatmeal - though not always by choice! I suppose Mary gets up early to prepare your oatmeal. RESPONSE: Nope.

FROM MOLINER G.S.: Appropriate for this campaign.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: Yes. No. Yes.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Yes, yes, and yes!

FROM MARLYS IN MN: I am an idealist—but I don’t eat oatmeal unless it is in cookies or bread! Ha!

FROM EMT SINGS IN MI: Yes, maybe, and yes.

FROM CJL IN OH: Yes, No, No

FROM CWR IN B'MORE: ......yes to all three. In fact, I studied for 8 years in PENNSYLVANIA.

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: "Right is right....well, maybe....depending upon the situation....and we have to think of the conditions that might have caused him to do that....and well, right is sometimes right"

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Some of the peop;e are right all of the time and some of the people are wrong all of the time, but all of the people can't be right or wrong all of the time. Abe Bernstein

FROM PR F.M. IN WI: I believe I am a idealists - and I eat Rice Krispie, but drive a VW Bug.

FROM A.McC. IN MI: I am an old idealist. How are we defining Utopia. It is probably not of this earth anyway. I enjoy and eat oatmeal. And I believe we must do the right thing. When we boil decisions down to this, they seem easier to make or is that a function of being old. I chat with the grandchildren about doing the right thing. With their diverse personalities and religious upbringing, they all seem to understand this.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: I don't think utopia is possible except to some very dedicated people. There is too much greed in this world. And as Monty used to sing,"If you want to be happy and live a king's life, never make a pretty woman your wife", especially a blond among Italians. I am not pointing fingers at people of Italian decent, it's just that the contrast between blonds and brunetts is just too, ya, ya, too, o.k. contrasting and guys with visions of things othr than sugar plums go wild. Incidently, oatmeal is delicious and it helps lower cholesterol, but if you have gout, forget oatmeal. even the ( the people who use horses instead of tractors ) have defectors in their midst. also,there is that saying, " it's greener on the other side of the fence", and my Pa used to say, "lead me not into temptation"., My Ma used to say, "just look the other way"

No comments: