Friday, October 03, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 10/3/08
“Just living is not enough…One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower.”
(Hans Christian Andersen) HCA is one of my favorites, and this quote is an example of why. Among his fairy tales, I liked The Emperor’s New Suit, which could well be a commentary on today’s political scene. See if you can find a little flower to put by your computer….and enjoy looking at it. ;-) Jack

FROM SOMEONE IN MI: When I was first divorced, I always kept a fresh bunch of those inexpensive flowers from the grocery store on the table in the entry area (it wasn't large or grand enough to be called a foyer). It was the first thing I saw when I came in the door, and was a sign from me to me that everything would be OK --- and it's now more than OK! I, too, like HCA.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Flowers are wondrtful. Take time to smell them.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: It reminds me of a quote by Anne Frank...I'm sur eyou will know it!!! I have a little flower in my mind and I will ponder it all day and think of all the fairy tales in my life! Blessings

FROM MOLINER G.S.: My little flower is one of my grandson's standing next to me as I reply to this.He learned how to make a bed from my wife. I told him that in the Army boot camp I had to make a quarter bounce 4" off the blanket before the DI would approve the bed-making.

No comments: