Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 10/29/08
“Today’s trying times in about twenty years will have become The Good Old Days.”
(Bernard Meltzer) This morning I heard a “financial expert” make that same prediction at a meeting of The Optimist Club. I’ve learned not to trust some of those financial experts. Quoting from Annie: “The sun’ll come out Tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow there’ll be sun!” Tell me in twenty years if I’m wrong. ;-) Jack

FOLLOW UP QUOTE: You must continue to gain expertise, but avoid thinking like anexpert. (Denis Waitley)

FROM N.L. IN FL: We are just mere mortals, not much we can do, I was just another Joe the Plumber. Now look at what the Congress accomplished in such a short time, and all the Wall Street attorneys and MBA's. What a billion dollar mess.

FROM J.H. IN OH: I bet you are right.... but let's do talk about it in 20 years!

FROM MOLINER LIZ: Let's hope it doesn't take 20 years! Perhaps that "financial expert" should speak at the Pessimist Club for his next engagement... Annie's right and that's one of my favorite songs ever.

FROM THRIVENT TOM: Now don't bear down too hard on us financial people! JACK'S RESPONSE: Notice that I said....I've learned not to trust SOME of those financial expects. YOU, I trust!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: That paints an extremely bad picture for the future. God is with us and will be with us then and now. JACK'S RESPONSE: If you believe what is painted.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: As the old saying goes, "The more things change, the more they stay the same." Tell me. Then why should I vote for Obama? REPLY: I've already voted, and I haven't even watched tonight's half hour before the ball game. MORE FROM C.F.: Also in Annie, "You're never fully dressed without a smile." Try one on for size today.

FROM WATERFORD JAN: With people losing jobs and homes and financial security, no one will look back on this particular time and consider it good. My personal life is in good shape, but I have family and friends who are hurting. We must keep faith and give thanks that we can overcome these bad times and know the future can be better.

FROM M.L. IN IL: ...just thinking about tomorrow... MORE: ...i love you tomorrow...you're always a day away.



No comments: