Friday, October 24, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 10/24/08
“I never cease being dumbfounded by the unbelievable things people believe in.”
(Leo Rosten) This Polish-born humorist died 20 years ago. He really would have been dumbfounded today, listening to Talk-Radio. But enough of that. Our beliefs really are important and should not be taken lightly. Don’t be afraid to examine them and to adjust them, if necessary, and to stand up for them. Incidentally, we all have stories of persons and events that have shaped our belief system. Give thanks for them, today. ;-) Jack

FROM QUOTE A DAY: Fere libenter homines id quod volunt, credunt. Men willingly believe what they wish. (Caius Julius Caeser}

FROM MOLINER LIZ: I am dumbfounded listening to the mainstream media. JACK'S RESPONSE: We have a dunbfounded nation, because both sides can't believe what the other side is saying. One dumbfounded side will prevail. It always happens that way. MORE FROM LIZ: Hi. I am especially dumbfounded by this new "early voting." When I was in college I voted absentee. Since when can we just go vote when we feel like it? It's seems like that is leaving a lot of room for error and potential intentional tampering with the vote.

FROM B.P. IN FL: Why pick on talk radio??? What about TV News and todays biased newpapers? Half the country is dismayed........Where did the truth become fiction?????

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: Some people believe in the unbelievable some of the time and some prople beieve in the unbievable all of the time, but not all people believe in the unbelievable all of the time. Abe Engwall JACK'S RESPONSE: The key question in today's WWs was this...Who shaped your belief system? C.F. ANSWERS: Joan. She was a highly principled woman who was loving and wasn't afraid to let you know it. A real classy lady. I miss her terribly.

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: I support Leo. PEOPLE WHO INFLUENCED B.S.: Wow, what a question!!!! We'll start with Ma and Pa, then Unc John & Aunt Laura, maybe next Grandma Stevens, Grdpa died before he could directly influence me, but indirectly I am sure his presence came from his children to me. Next I suspect our neighbors and friends, my Sunday School teachers, my Sunday School companions, my teac hers at Roosevelt School, at Lincoln Jr High. ( coach Liddicoat, wow what a man ), Mr Brown my printing teacher, Miss Erickson ( she was not my teacher directly but she asked me to stop singing in the hall, ( on my way to ??))( she was one of the first teachers from Lincoln to came to hav e her Rx's filled ( from Lincoln, many followed including Coach Liddicoat). We cannot forget Mz Charlotte Moody, bless her pea pickin hide (I'll never forget that lady).Are U aware of the dozens of people in between these names, and the names of teachers at UW Extention, all my teachers at Wilmot High, especially Mr Marlin Schnurr ( he was extroadinary) and my music teachers esp. Gladys Smallfelt, Mz Hammond (River is black with the shadows on it, river and the rain are the things I love ). Dean Uhl at U.W. school of Ph is passed on but Dr. Louis Bussie is still alive. Dr. LLoyd Parks went to Ohio and they built a new Pharmacy bldg and named it after him. Dr. Wurster would not let me join the School of Pharm because I had not sent the required paper work and I wasn't schmardt enuff to go to Dr. Uhl and plead my case. I later convinced to allow me to graduate on time because I had attended summer school in Milwaukee when Dr. Eunice Bonnow was the director and so technically it was apart of U.W. sustems. Jack & Mary these people were so important to my education. And please my brother John, my sisters Peg and Marylou, my close friend Tony Parise, and the gent we named our son Rom after ( Ramchaundra Paracharum Bang ). These paragraphs do not do justice to the many people who are not listed. I am sorry , I apologize to them. They were so important in my life. One gent I will not forget was Mr Strom, pres of the First National Bank of Kenosha, After borrowing money from the bank, and talking awhile I realized I had to get back to work, so Iasked him where he wanted me to sign the papers. ,He said,"your name is your bond".


FROM S.G. IN TAMPA: Remember how the houses were marked in some way so that the hobos knew where to go for food. My grandmother was the reason our house was on the marker somehow.

No comments: