Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 10/21/08
“My life has a superb cast, but I can’t figure out the plot.”
(Ashleigh Brilliant) The unexpected twists and turns that life’s story takes can be confounding at times, but our faith assures us that there will be a happy ending. A,B. is one of my favorite authors. I have five books of his sayings and cartoons. One of them is titled: I May Not Be Totally Perfect, But Parts Of Me Are Excellent. ;-) Jack


FROM EMT SINGS IN MI: Just had to tell you how much I also enjoy A.B. Besides the book you mentioned I also have Appreciate Me Now and Avoid The Rush. I just opened that book up to P.55 read "There has been so much concern about what might happen that what's actually happening has passed almost unnoticed." Ain't it the truth?

FROM THRIVENT TOM: I like this one. I'm sure that God has designed the plot, but I'm with you about the superb cast!

FROM D.S. IN MI: I love the title of that book.

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Had my arm in a cast once.

FROM M.L. IN IL: this quote is particularly meaningful to me this week...month...year. many changes that have challenged my libran balance. i'm still standing-haven't fallen yet! JACK'S RESPONSE: Evidently, your birthday makes you a Libra.
Traits of a Libra:
Desires popularity
Loves art
Neat
Dresses up for the occassion
Slight perfectionist
Narcisstic
Charitable
Bossy at times
Plans ahead
Attention to detail
Loves public service
Likes...
Beauty
Gifts
Debates
Attention
Intellectual conversations
Admiration
Credit cards
Mingling
Subtle colours, textures
Haute Coutoure
Dislikes...
Noise
Confusion
Sloppiness
Ugliness
Dirt
Pressured decisions
Being rushed
Criticism

FROM CJL IN OH: great. good to remember the good & revise the bad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad to be able now to see my life as more of a comedy than a tragedy. More lighthearted than I have been in years. The plot got better I guess.
Sharon