Monday, September 22, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 9/22/08
“Tears are the silent language of grief.”
(Voltaire) I came across this thought on the same subject. “I love walking in the rain, because no one knows I’m crying.” There are various kinds of grief, but the tears are the same. It’s always the right time to tell someone that you care. ;-( Jack

FROM J.L. IN MI: Twenty-four years ago, my beloved nephew committed suicide. He was my Godchild and he loved the Lord. We were blessed to have him with us for 21 years. On October 12, we are walking in the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention walk. We are helping to raise funds to help prevent suicide. I'm sure there will be tears but also many happy funny memories too.

FROM M.L. IN IL: when my son had been at college for about a week, he called me, and from his ramblings i could tell he needed a good cry. we talked about a "safe spot" where he could have one. i suggested an early morning shower in his dorm, (knowing that no one is up early in a boys dorm). a few days later he sounded much better. when asked how he was feeling, he told me that he had a "nice long shower".
bty-tears are the silent language of my heart, grief and joy and anything in between!
my son seems to have inherited it.

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: It has often seemed curious to me that tears may reflect both emotions of grief and joy. They flow from the depth of sadness or the height of happiness, sometimes evoked by loss and at other times by gain. In either case, it's an occasion when we can join someone in showing that we care.

FROM N.E. IN S.H.: My grandma used to say; "A sigh is the sound of someone who suffers in silence."
I do my crying in the shower, for the same reason this person enjoys walking in the rain.

FROM N.K. IN MI: I HAVE BEEN DOING ALOT OF IT.....SINCE I BROUGHT MY SWEETHEART TO TO THE VETERANS SPECIAL UNIT (ONLY 26 VETS ) AND IT IS HERE IN MQT... 4 MINUTES AWAY.....
WE WILL BE CELEBRATING 55 YEARS ON OCT.24.

SONG BY THE HEE HAW QUARTET:
1. No tears in heaven, no sorrows given.All will be glory in that land;There'll be no sadness, all will be gladness,When we shall join that happy band.
No tears (in heaven fair)No tears, no tears up there,Sorrow and pain will all have flown;No tears (in heaven fair)No tears, no tears up there;No tears in heaven will be known.
2. Glory is waiting, waiting up yonder,Where we shall spend an endless day;There with our Savior, we'll be forever,Where no more sorrow can dismay.
3. Some morning yonder, we'll cease to ponderO'er things this life has brought to view;All will be clearer, loved ones be dearerIn heav'n where all will be made new.

FROM CJL IN OH: It can be a little late, too.

No comments: