Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 9/17/08
“No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys.”
(Doug Horton) Who’s got your keys today? Isn’t it strange how we give our keys to some reckless drivers? Be determined to take control of your life. ;-) Jack


FROM PR J.S. IN MI: One thing that is bothering me recently has been the enormous number of lying, half-truthed emails that have come out in this political campaign....particularly from the conservatives. I am going to send you a reply I wrote to one of them. I will attach it to this email. Let me know what you think.
REPLY FROM JACK:
Though man a thinking being is defined,
Few use the grand perogative of mind.
How few think justly of the thinking few;
How many never think, who think they do.
(Quoted by I. B. Gilbert)


FROM MOLINER C.F.: At the cost of gas, no one wants to drive me ANYWHERE.

FROM N.E. IN S.H.: That's a good one!!

FROM A.W. IN IL: this is a good one...I shall find use for it.

FROM J.L. IN MI: Lately it's a short trip...but I am keeping my keys in my pocket! I'm not letting anyone I don't trust to "drive" me around.

FROM CJL IN OH: Amen, brother!

FROM F.M. IN WI: I didn't give my keys to Wall Street, but they are driving me crazy!

FROM L.P. IN MI: An interesting quote. I feel like my fuse is way too short lately. Perhaps I'm too willing to give up the "keys" or perhaps I have become a terrible "driver". Either way I'm posting this quote on my wall JACK'S REPLY: I like J.B. Phillips' translation of Romans 12:2
DON'T LET THE WORLD AROUND YOU SQUEEZE YOU INTO ITS OWN MOULD, BUT LET GOD RE-MOULD YOUR MIND FROM WITHIN, SO THAT YOU MAY PROVE IN PRACTICE THAT THE PLAN OF GOD FOR YOU IS GOOD, MEETS ALL HIS DEMANDS AND MOVES TOWARD THE GOAL OF TRUE MATURITY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was interesting reading Doug Horton's biography on the internet this morning. Thanks, Pastor Freed. He seems to have had a long struggle with denominationalism. We haven't seen the end yet.
God bless,
Sharon