Friday, September 12, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 9/12/08
“Never shall I forget the time I spent with you. Please continue to be my friend, as you will always find me to be yours.”
(Beethoven) These are words said to have been spoken by Beethoven on his death bed. I wonder who he had in mind when he said them? Friendship is a real treasure that we often take for granted. Thank you for being a friend. ;-) Jack

FROM B.D. IN MI: Almost ever day you make a difference in my life "My Friend" I take the time to reflect on your winning words. What a great way to start my day with a few minutes to think about something positive,

FROM J.L. IN MI: As far as I know, I'm not on my death bed....so don't worry!

FROM J.C. IN H.K.: Death bed, eh? I like this better, "Please continue to be my friend ... as I'll be yours until the end."

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: What is a friend? To me it is someone we know well enough that we can trust them....we may know others well enough to not trust them....these are acquaintances

FROM N.K. IN THE U.P.: THESE WORDS ARE VERY,VERY FITTING FOR ME...
MY HUSBAND, THE LOVE OF MY LIFE.......IS NOW IN THE JACOBETTI VETERAN'S HOME ..."SPECIAL UNIT ". I HAD TO BRING HIM IN ON WEDNESDAY. TWO OF OUR DAUGHTERS WERE HERE WITH ME.
HE WAS DIAGNOSED5 AND 1/2 YEARS AGO HE WAS DIAGNOSED WITH AN "APHASIA". HARDLY NOTICEABLE.....UP TO ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO....
WE ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE ONE OF TWO FACILITIES IN THE STATE OF MICHIGAN . FANTASTIC, CARING ...WE ARE BLESSED TO HAVE ONE OF THEM HERE....
HE WILL BE MY FRIEND FOR LIFE AND THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. GRACE AND PEACE

FROM R.I. IN BOSTON:
"Cherish friendship in your breast--
New is good, but old is best;
Make new friends, but keep the old;
Those are silver, these are gold." (Joseph Parry)

FROM JACK: Good Debt Jon, one of our WWs contributors is now a songwriter. You might be interested in hearing a recent song. It's about the pain of filling up the gas tank. I'm not sure I agree with some of the solutions. But it's worth a listen. Let me know what you think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_07UFukWdDU

FROM MOLINER LIZ: Thank you for being my friend. :)

FROM CLASSMATE P.B.: And thank YOU Jack for your friendship. Yesterday was the first day of my 9th decade. Just want you to know that I appreciate more and more each day being a recipient of your important ministry!

FROM A.J. IN MI: I really like this one. Thank you for being my friend

FROM P.L. IN MI: Every morning I read your words of wisdom. Every one of them makes me think. I appreciate knowing you. Thank you,

FROM C.L. IN MI: and thank you for being a friend and someone I can trust and talk to. Peace

FROM CLASSMATE G.C. IN S.D.: Thank YOU for being a friend.

FROM B.S. IN MI: Thank you for being my mentor…and friend.

FROM L&MS IN MI: Look forward to your winning words every morning! God bless, you are a god-send to many I know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing to me, Pastor Freed, and for listening to me while I'm trying to make sense of all the craziness in myself and in this old world. Thanks for helping all of us to see the sparks of wisdom in so many peoples' Winning Words and helping us to conquer destructive tendencies to despair, cynicism and scepticism. Thanks for building community and hope and thankfulness.
God bless,
Sharon