Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 8/26/08
“Always be a little kinder than necessary.”
(James Barrie) Barrie was the creator of Peter Pan, the little boy who refused grow up and who lived in Neverland. Some might call a place where kindness ruled, Neverland, a fairy tale. I would like to live in such a place. Is it possible that you and I could be kinder than necessary today? ;-) Jack.

FROM E.T. (NOT THE ALIEN) IN MI: I am going to try! A good thing to do on my birthday. Thanks for the reminder!

FROM J.L. IN MI: I really enjoyed this quote today. It's so appropriate. My grandsons devotional today was about kindness. It's a simple quote and a simple way of life. Kindness is so simple. How easy it is to be kind to someone...just a little smile, pat on the back, so easy to accomplish. I will be kind today...a little kinder than normal.

FROM MOLINER EFP: I am helping my best friend's mom, who suffers from dementia, to stay in her home as long as possible by taking three "shifts" a week. She and my friend have always been the sweetest, kindest people and it is my pleasure to return some kindness to her and her family.

FROM CJL IN OH: I try that most days. It really works.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: If you think about it, ultimately kindness does rule.

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: I'm the exact opposite of Peter Pan....the little boy who tried to grow but never did!!!

FROM S.G. IN MI: Always! Here's a quote to follow up....... Smiles for a beautiful and kind day,

FROM K.B. AT M.G.: I loved today's WW--"Kinder than Necessary!"--what a concept and I think I will add that to my list of forever changes

FROM M.L. IN IL: would you like to join me at preschool today?

FROM MOLINER C.F.: Wouldn't it be wonderful to live in a world where it isn't necessary to be kind? Wher it just comes naturally?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

read your Winning Words this morning and didn't think of anything. But now that I've lived a few more hours, and interacted a bit more, I have found I said something to someone that has caused me some confusion ethically--by saying what I honestly thought was I being kinder than necessary or should I have not said what I said in order to be kinder than necessary. Thanks for generating Winning Words for us to think about and meditate on being kinder than necessary.
Sharon