Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 8/19/08
“It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.”
(John Steinbeck) I don’t know how this happens, but it has worked for me on more than a few occasions. When faced with a difficult decision, it’s not a bad idea to say, “I’m going to sleep on it.” I think that a prayer for guidance would help, too. ;-) Jack


FROM MOLINER C.F.: If you don't have time to sleep on it, a slow blink helps.

FROM G.G. IN INDY: "oh let the sun shine in, face it with a grin"....."the sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun!"

FROM J.L. IN MI: Yes, I also have "slept" on a problem. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't, but you have a new perspective when you wake the next morning. A fresh new day, a prayer or two and onward you go.

FROM A.J. IN MI: I think it's the prayer part at bedtime that lets the answer appear in our minds when we wake

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE: The problem for me if it is a worrisome one, is getting to sleep in the first place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dreams, Freudian slips, forgettings, lost things, all these seem to be worthwhile paying attention to and that time when we are not aware of being conscious I think is very useful for us in our relationships with God and others. We are amazingly created for grace.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Dreams, Freudian slips, forgettings, lost things, all these seem to be worthwhile paying attention to and that time when we are not aware of being conscious I think is very useful for us in our relationships with God and others. We are amazingly created for grace.
Sharon