Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 7/29/08
“Six faults ought to be avoided by one seeking prosperity in this world…sleep, sloth, fear, anger, laziness and prolixity.”
(Unknown) I could go on and on, but you get the idea, don’t you? When I go to the zoo, one of the animals that fascinates me is the sloth. Is there an animal that you particularly like to watch? ;-) Jack

FROM B.G. IN MI: Today’s WW reminds me of the 7 Deadly Social Sins, attributed to Ghandi…
Politics without principle
Wealth without work
Commerce without morality
Pleasure without conscience
Education without character
Science without humanity
Worship without sacrifice
I have this document framed and hanging on the wall of my office at the church.

FROM L.K. IN OH: The giraffe.

FROM MOLINER, G.S.: the ones on 2 legs - they're fascinating to watch. 6+ billion of them. What about you?

FROM P.O. IN MI: I doubt I'll ever be accused of 'prolixity' --- thanks for another good one!

FROM J.L. IN MI: Sloth is a strange one, but then again, if the goal is riches, sloth would be a big fault. As for what animal I could watch all day....the mink. We had them on the AuSable river in Grayling and I love to watch them slip and slide in and out of the water. The truly seem to enjoy their lives, even when dodging the eagle who would swoop down to try and grab them!
I came across this Ashleigh Brilliant saying yesterday and it made me laugh...especially with your Winning Words today..."All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

FROM MAP IN JACKSON: I'm not particularly fond of the zoo!!!! What's wrong with me?

FROM D.L. IN ORE: Wanda and I haven't been tothe Portland Zoo lately. We will have five grandchildren in our area for a visit this week, three with theirparents staying with us in our three bedroom apt.! It will be a little like a zoo, but we really love those kids! The last time we were in San Diego one objective was to see a Panda. After standing in line for some time we arrived at the Panda area. The Pandas, a cub and parents preferred being partially hidden in the trees at the back of the area! Have a great rest of the summer! Enough!

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: Another fault to avoid at all costs is destitution.

FROM LBP IN MI: It's unfortunate that sleep is counted among the faults. I find that the other faults listed are more likely to pose a threat with a lack of sleep

FROM MOLINER, A.E.: The Monkeys at Fedjuary (Sp)Park when I was a kid. Not so now only other animals.

FROM CWR IN B'MORE: If parishoners give with generosity, why shouldn't we reward them by preaching with prolixity ? It's like watching an epic movie.

FROM M.L. IN IL: i really don't like zoos. animals in captivity make me sad and claustrophobic. i do love the primates, and after seeing them in their their natural habitat, i knpw why i have zoo-phobia.

FROM F.M. IN WI: Elephants and how they express feelings toward another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to watch the animals, both in the aquariams and on land, that the zookeepers put toys in with them.