Thursday, July 10, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 7/10/08
“Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens.”
(J.R.R. Tolkien) The road will surely darken at sometime during our life. I pray that our faith, yours and mine, might remain strong whenever that time may come. I like what is written in the 23rd Psalm: “Even though I walk through the shadowy valleys, I will fear no evil, for you are with me.” ;-) Jack


FROM L.K. IN OH: Always apt. Thanks!

FROM P.O. IN MI: And then there are those who "find God" when the road darkens, only to lose Him again when the sun shines --- go figure!

FROM E.A. IN MI: Whose admonishment was it that begins "Oh yee of little faith-----"?
Hope all is well. If I ever start walking without the need of a cane, I shall once again appear at Optimist. Be well and stay well.


FROM MOLINER C.F.: Faith is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and knowing it's not a train coming.

FROM G.G. IN INDY: That's what candles are for, right? I think I'll light a bunch on my back porch tonight (you and David have been there!) as a prayer for those whose road has darkened and as a reminder of these WW's. Thanks.

FROM M.N. IN MN: I think you wrote that for me. Thank you so much Jack. I am going to print it so I can read it when I need comfort and strength.

FROM A.McC. IN MI: I read that psalm every Sunday night since my sister died in April, 2005.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I share your prayer, Pastor Freed. Come hell or high water let's stick together with Tolkien and an army of others fighting the war against the satanic forces waging war in this world--doubt and unbelief.