Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 6/24/08
There’s nothing wrong with microwaves or mobile phones—they save time. But God will ask you what you have done with the time that was saved.”
(An Egyptian
Coptic monk Ruwals el-Anthony) I admit to being one who is always trying to save time. This quote causes me to re-examine my use of time. We don’t know how much of this priceless commodity is left in the tank. I’m afraid God will be asking some pretty embarrassing questions one of these days. I’m counting on grace. ;-) Jack


FROM MOLINER EFP: I think that's why we're all trying to save time.

FROM MKH AT THE WBFD: Clever!! But will he need to ask?

FROM PR J.S. IN MI: If you count on Grace (as I do), know that it will change you right now (no such thing as Cheap Grace even tho that is what the ELCA is peddling) and you will begin to use time right now more wisely. God uses discipline for his disciples

FROM J.L. IN MI: When I think of all the time I've wasted it's shameful. I am truly relying on God's merciful grace too!

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: I have a friend that has a microwave fireplace, he claims he can spend the whole evening with the family in front of the fireplace in 8 minutes.

FROM F.M. IN WI: My best 'time savers' are the automobile, the airplane, the lap top computer, and the phone, in all of its applications. And I thank God for those who have invented and worked in developing these modern time savers as they have given me so much time to love, serve, and assist others.

FROM D.S. IN DIEGO: This is a good one to think about, Jack. I am guilty of wasting time, thinking that I am doing something worthwhile to save time in the future, but it never ceases to end and give me the time I’m looking for.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a Community Farm now next to Emmanuel. Sunday, four people working there sawed the dead branches off of an old tree, all using hand saws because the philosophy of the Farm is not to use power tools. It undoubtedly took more time, but the fellowship that occurred at the same time was probably priceless. I appreciate all the new technology but even more the continuing possibilities for "choosing" whether or not to use the gadgets.

Anonymous said...

We have a Community Farm now next to Emmanuel. Sunday, four people working there sawed the dead branches off of an old tree, all using hand saws because the philosophy of the Farm is not to use power tools. It undoubtedly took more time, but the fellowship that occurred at the same time was probably priceless. I appreciate all the new technology but even more the continuing possibilities for "choosing" whether or not to use the gadgets.