Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 6/18/08
“Tell self-pity to call back tomorrow; self-confidence stopped by earlier, and I cannot accommodate both.”
(Leussa Adrienne – Cameroon) Do you know where the Republic of Cameroon is? That country has over 200 different ethnic and linguistic societies. And isn’t it interesting that someone there struggles with something that many of us encounter. Self-pity or self-confidence? Who will you entertain today? ;-) Jack


FROM R.I. IN BOSTON: If the truth be told, I'll probably be spending time with self-indulgence.

FROM J.L. IN MI: All this week is Vacation Bible School, our favorite week at church....I'm not sure about self-confidence, but I can tell you it's a wonderful week of new friendships, clapping your hands and dancing around music, children's laughter, Bible Stories (yesterday we actually walked on water like Jesus and Peter), Spirit-filled joy, experiments, fellowship, Holiness and happiness....Joy in the Lord!

FROM D.S.IN DIEGO: Another one to add to my favorites list.

FROM N.L. IN MI: Pretty good Jack. I agree, however the truth always lies in the middle. I guess this means Obama can count on you.

FROM G.G. IN INDY: sometimes i take a call from from self-pity (exhausting).. self-confidence is much more energizing and fun to be with....today i'm going to let self-confidence entertain me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another interesting Winning Words, Pastor Freed. It's the "stopping by" that grabs me. I'm not in the self-pitying mode right now but know a couple of people who are struggling with difficult circumstances and are depressed. How do I stop by to help them? I would like the self-confidence of Jesus who always knew exactly how to listen, how to speak, how to act, how to empathize without being patronizing or judgmental or worse-- pitying. Perfect love and acceptance and power of faith and understanding. Thanks for your WW.
Sharon