Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jack’s Winning Words 6/11/08
“My name is nobody.”
(The title of Henry Fond’s last Western movie) How would you like to have a name like that? There may be times when you feel unimportant and unappreciated. But everyone has a role to play in this world. You are somebody in the scheme of your Creator. Someday I’m going to see that movie, and nobody can stop me. ;-) Jack


FROM MOLINER, G.S.: clever

FROM MY SON, DAVID IN THE TWIN CITIES: Who is Henry Fond?

FROM MOLINER, C.F.: Nobody else has got it.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON: As sang by country philosopher Dr. Travis Tritt:I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chainsI'm gonna be somebody, someday, you can bet your hard earned dollar I willYou can bet your hard earned dollar I will

FROM B.S. NEAR ORLANDO: Maybe you can find a DVD, or video. Our video doesn't work, but maybe someone who is smart enough can do the correct cable and get it to work. Bob. p/s/ do you remember H. F. in the "Last of the Mohawicans( wron g spelling ) He ran like the wind, with tomahawks bouncing off his back.

FROM CJL IN OH: I agree with you. That's why I've spent much of my ministry working with others-
Christians and non-Christians.


FROM M.L. IN IL: my name is mary, but i think that if one's name was truely nobody, it could be nobel. just think of the wonderful nuns that have served thoughout history, (we know the literal translation of nun). mother theresa comes to mind!

FROM J.L. IN MI: There was a little poem name "I'm nobody are you nobody too?" It was written by Emily Dickinson....one of my favorites..
I ’M nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there ’s a pair of us—don’t tell!
They ’d banish us, you know.
How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!
That says it all!

No comments: